Friday, November 20, 2009

An Eventful 2 Months


Liam turned 2 months old yesterday. He's growing so fast and learning new things all the time. He sleeps very well at night, although not so good during the day...he doesn't want to miss anything and fights taking naps. He smiles at us a lot now, and with each one he wraps us a little bit tighter around his finger. We thank God for him every day and look forward to the months and years ahead.


In an unfortunate sign of the economy, I found out last week that my position at the Girl Scout office was eliminated. I thought that I was protected by the Family Medical Leave Act because I'm out on maternity leave. But because my position was eliminated due to budgetary concerns, it is allowed. I worked there for 5 years and gave my all to the positions I held, so it has been very hard to understand. I am looking at this unexpected turn of events as a opportunity for needed change and I am trying to be optimistic about finding something else. Please say a prayer for me and for Joey as I look for another position, as this is a hard time for us both.


No comments: