Friday, September 25, 2009

Baby Liam has arrived!!






Baby Liam arrived on Saturday, September 19 at 11:37 PM. He weighed 6lbs 8 oz and was 19 inches long. He is such a blessing to our family. We love him more than words can describe!
I was scheduled to be induced on September 21, but I woke up on Saturday morning with the unmistakeable symptoms of broken water. We headed to the hospital and they admitted me. They hooked me up to "go juice" (Pitocin) at about 10:30 AM. I stayed at 1 cm for a really long time so they gave me medicine to help my body relax. It made me very sleepy and I slept through most of labor. I progressed to 3 and was stuck again for about 6 hours. The doctor came in at around 9:00 PM and said that he'd give me 2 more hours to progress or we'd be looking at a c-section. I had a new nurse who suggested I turn on my left side to see if it would help. I prayed that my cervix would open and I wouldn't have to go the c-section route. The nurse checked me about an hour later and I was at 6 cm, then soon after that they checked me again and I was at 9cm. I was ready to push about 11:15 and started with the nurse, she watched his heartrate and I'd push on one contraction and sit out the next to let Liam recover. She called in the doctor and Liam was out in 3 pushes. Even though I was in labor for 13 hours, it seemed to go by really fast and I could not have asked for better medical care. I stayed at the hospital until Monday and because we were both doing so well, we got to come home.
Here are pictures of Liam from his first couple of days...After his first bath at home, his hearing test at the hospital, and just before we left the hospital. Isn't he so cute!!

No comments: