Friday, July 10, 2009

Touring the Hospital

Joey and I went for the tour of the hospital last night. The group we were in was rather large, so it looked like a herd of preggo ladies walking around...lots of babies on the way in the coming months! The Labor and Delivery floor at the hospital had renovations within the last year, so even though I've been up there before, it was fun to see what it looks like now. We saw the room (well not the actual room but close enough :)) where the hatching will occur and the room where we'll be to recover for 2-3 days afterwards. My only personal experience with any hospital is a couple of trips to the er for minor stuff and outpatient procedures when I was a kid. So, especially in the first room I had a lot of things going through my head - "this is where I'll be in pain", "this is where we'll meet our baby", "what are those machines for", "where does all of the icky stuff go". Hehe..I think too much!! The hospital has a religious connection, so there are reminders of Jesus in every room which is very comforting. God won't let me deal with more than I can handle and He is granting us with this awesome, amazing blessing. Overall, it will be a great place to welcome Baby Liam to the world. Next month we go for childbirth class then breastfeeding class in early September. Yeah for hospital education getting us ready for our little one.

No comments: