Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Trip to Virginia and Maryland


A few weeks ago we got an invitation to my Aunt Jean's 70th birthday party. After much debate and travel searching we figured out a way for me to go. My Uncle Dan and Aunt Lynn picked me up and we drove to Alexandria through the mountains of Virginia, a much nicer route than the 85 through Richmond route. We visited with my cousin, Melanie and her family for 2 days. We visited Old Town, saw the movie UP! and had some awesome meals prepared by Melanie's husband, Rick. On Saturday we traveled to Cambridge, MD. On the way we drove through Annapolis - which is fabulous and a place I would like to return to for more exploring. Aunt Jean's party was at the Suicide Bridge Restaurant on the Choptank River in Hurlock, Maryland. There was a great jazz band and singer at the party and the food was delicious. It was a great time and a wonderful tribute to my aunt. On Sunday I flew home (Liam's first flight). The weekend was so much fun. My family is so spread out (we all live in different states) that we don't get to see each other very often, but it is so much fun when we do.


This is my Aunt Jean and Cousin Melanie at the party.

No comments: